Pretty Palettes :: September 2017 Inspiration
Welcome to the September 2017 Pretty Palettes inspiration post!
I’m so glad you’re here! Pull up a chair and read on to find out how you can play along with beaders from all over the country who love a bit of a challenge. Whether you have a blog, post on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest, or just like to bead, the Pretty Palettes blog hop is a great way to lean in to fall and get your crafty going!
Our September 2017 Pretty Palette is based on another love of mine: knitting. I started knitting back when I was pregnant with my daughter, almost 16 years ago! She was just barely over 2 weeks overdue, and I needed a portable craft to work on while I waited, so my mother-in-law taught me to knit during one of her visits. Since then, I’ve knit quite a few baby sweaters, hats, scarves, and a few sweaters, but recently I’ve fallen in love with Andrea Mowry’s knitting patterns that are based on a “fade” or a range of gradients. While I was trying to “find my fade” for the What the Fade Mystery Knit-a-long, this batch of yarns came together for me, and I thought to myself, “This fade would be so pretty in beads!”
Here’s our Pretty Palette to go along with the yarn:
This collage shows some of the Bead Gallery® beads and pendants that I considered for the September challenge. It was too pretty not to share!
I narrowed down the field a bit, but feel free to use any of these beauties to go along with your September “fade”:
- Bead Gallery® 6mm Czech green glass faceted rounds
- Bead Gallery® 8x9mm fresh water pearls
- Bead Gallery® aqua dyed wooden rounds
- Bead Gallery® 6mm reconstituted lapis rounds
- Bead Gallery® 6mm sodalite rounds
- Bead Gallery® amethyst glass mixed rondelles
- Bead Gallery® purple Czech E beads
Here are the rules for all of you Pretty Palette people!
- On the first Wednesday of each month I use an image to create a color palette. (Check and done, right? You’re here!)
- I choose coordinating beads from the Bead Gallery line so we can all play along with the same beads to create a beading project (see the image below). If you want to create your own project using your own beads and art beads, that’s fine as well. We welcome all beads to the party!
- The final Wednesday of the month–September 27th–is the reveal. Visit the blog and use the link-up at the end of the blog post to add images of your own project to our collection of Pretty Palette projects!
- Peruse the collection of Pretty Palette projects by hopping from blog to blog or by checking out the Pinterest boards we create to share all of your amazing work!
Thank you for stopping by! I can’t wait to see what you make. Hopping from one blog to the other at the end of the month is one of my favorite things. I hope you find this post inspiring and that it stretches you to break out of your typical palette choices. Until next week, happy beading!