Pretty Palettes :: October 2017 Inspiration
Welcome to the October 2017 inspiration post!
Happy fall! Grab a mug of warm apple cider and read on to find out how you can play Pretty Palettes along with beaders from all over the country. If you have a blog or if you post on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest, you can play along, too.
Here in Indiana, we get all the seasons. And it’s this changing of seasons that always excites me. The colors are becoming richer out in the fields and forests of the midwest. This month’s Pretty Palette is full-on fall. Think apple cider, glistening embers, the rich black of cast iron, and the promise of frosty mornings with gray fog creeping over the fields.
When we moved into our current home about 6 years ago, we gained two apple trees. This year, these two little trees produced an enormous number of apples, and so we decided to have friends over to make cider and fry donuts in our dutch oven over the campfire. It was a little bit of heaven. This photo of our fire inspired this month’s Pretty Palette.
Here’s how you can play Pretty Palettes along with us:
- On the first Wednesday of each month I use an image to create a color palette. (Yay! You’re here!)
- I choose coordinating beads from the Bead Gallery line available at Michaels so we can all play along with the same beads (see image below for the beads I chose). If you want to create your project using your own beads and art beads, that’s fine as well. We welcome all beads to the party!
- The final Wednesday of the month–October 25th–is the reveal. Visit the blog and use the link-up at the end of the blog post to add images of your own project to our collection of Pretty Palette projects!
- Peruse the collection of Pretty Palette projects by hopping from blog to blog or by checking out the Pinterest boards we create to share our amazing work!
Now for the really fun part: let’s find some Halcraft beads to go along with this Pretty Palette! Here are just a few of the coordinating strands I found in the Bead Gallery aisle at my local Michaels Store.
Here are the Bead Gallery beads for the October 2017 Pretty Palette blog hop. Click the link for each to add them to your cart and have them shipped directly to your house!
- Bead Gallery® 10mm black lava rounds
- Bead Gallery® 6mm brown swirl Czech glass faceted rondelles
- Bead Gallery® amber shell rondelles
- Bead Gallery® orange swirl Czech glass lentils
- Bead Gallery® orange glass bead mix
- Bead Gallery® copper plated diamonds
- Bead Gallery® 6mm amber mix faceted Czech glass rounds
- Bead Gallery® gray shell rectangles
- Bead Gallery® 10mm white lava rounds
As a bonus, here’s the “recipe” for the most wonderful fall treats in the world.
- 1 crisp fall day
- many bushels of apples
- laughter & music
- 1 cider press
- lots of elbow grease
- 1 camp fire
- 1 gallon oil
- 1 campfire
- tubes of non-flakey biscuits
- cinnamon & sugar
Invite friends over, use the cider press to make apple cider (applying liberal elbow grease to cider press). Heat oil in dutch oven over campfire until just below boiling. Drop flattened or cut biscuits into oil one at a time. Turn when brown. Remove from oil and drop into a bowl of cinnamon & sugar. Flip to coat. Pour warm cider into mugs and enjoy!
I look forward to seeing your fall beadwork in a few weeks. Enjoy this glorious season!