Pretty Palettes :: November 2017 Inspiration
Welcome to the November 2017 Inspiration post!
It’s time to pack up the costumes and toss the moldy jack-o-lanterns. Even though we’re barely past the fun of Halloween, it’s already November Pretty Palette time!
This month’s Pretty Palette is inspired by my love of marbled paper. I must admit that I have yet another crafting passion: book binding. My town has its own book bindery called the Book Arts Collaborative. It is a collaborative project that brings Ball State students and members of the Muncie, Indiana, community together to learn more about bookbinding and printing.
The Book Arts Collaborative teaches a class on making marbled paper, which is the type of paper often used in the endpaper of books, directly adhered to the inside cover and the signatures (the pages on which the bulk of the text is printed).
Here’s how you can play Pretty Palettes along with us:
- On the first Wednesday of each month I use an image to create a color palette. (Yay! You’re here!)
- I choose coordinating beads from the Bead Gallery by Halcraft Collection so we can all play along with the same beads (see image below for the beads I chose). If you want to create your project using beads you have on hand and art beads, that’s fine as well. We welcome all beads to the party!
- The final Wednesday of the month–November 29th–is the reveal. Visit the blog and use the link-up at the end of the blog post to add images of your own project to our collection of Pretty Palette projects!
- Peruse the collection of Pretty Palette projects by hopping from blog to blog or by checking out the Pinterest boards we create to share our amazing work!
Here are just a few of the beads from the Bead Gallery by Halcraft Collection that fit this month’s Pretty Palette.
Here are the beads I chose to play with, all of which you can find in the Bead Gallery®:
- Bead Gallery® cream 6/0 seed beads
- Bead Gallery® amber coated glass mix
- Bead Gallery® aqua mix
- Bead Gallery® turquoise Czech mix lentils
- Bead Gallery® aqua mix glass rounds
- Bead Gallery® large wooden sunbursts
I love it when multiple types of art collide! If you’re interested in seeing some amazing marbling work made to hang instead of to use in books, check out the fluid artwork of Artistic Expressions by Ashley Carter! I found this “Daily Dirty” video that coordinates with this month’s Pretty Palette. Ashley’s Instagram is amazing, and you can watch more about her process on Facebook. Purchase her beautiful one-of-a-kind artwork on her Etsy site!
Today's little "Daily Dirty"! Greens, Gold and a streak of dark magenta ❤ Let me know what you think? I hope you guys enjoy! #cells #fluidsoul #fluidartgallery #fluidartwork #fluidartist #fluidpainting #art #artistofinstagram #artoftheday #paintingoftheday #artistic_nation #artisticexpressionsbyashley #abstractart #abstractartist #abstractaf #contemporaryart #fluidart #instaart #acrylic #acrylicpainting #videooftheday #dirtypour #dailydirtypour #artforsale #artporn #etsy #etsyshop
Thanks for visiting the blog! Happy beading!