Welcome to Halcraft’s Pretty Palette August 2017 Inspiration post!
Thank you for joining me for the August 2017 Inspiration post! Halcraft hosts this “play along” design challenge each month. Here’s how you can play along:
- On the first Wednesday of each month I use an image to create a color palette. (Check and done, right? You’re here!)
- I choose coordinating beads from the Bead Gallery line so we can all play along with the same beads to create a beading project (see the image below). If you want to create your own project using your own beads and art beads, that’s fine as well. We welcome all beads to the party!
- The final Wednesday of the month–August 30th–is the reveal. Visit the blog and use the link-up at the end of the blog post to add images of your own project to our collection of Pretty Palette projects!
- Peruse the collection of Pretty Palette projects by hopping from blog to blog or by checking out the Pinterest board we create to share all of your amazing work!
Last month’s palette was quite vibrant, and I found myself wanting the August 2017 Pretty Palette to be more subdued. My local farmer’s market is held at the Minnetrista Center, a museum, garden, and gathering place here in Muncie, Indiana. Part of the joy of the market is seeing friends, another part is all of the great local produce, and a third is getting a chance to stroll around the grounds and enjoy the plants as they grow and bloom.
This past weekend, a small pond with lily pads was sporting these gorgeous blossoms amid dark water that reflected the white clouds and light blue sky. I fell in love.
A quiet corner in Minnetrista’s gardens inspires the August 2017 Pretty Palette.
August’s Pretty Palette is filled with colors that are both soothing and sophisticated. As I lean into the warmest month of summer, I crave a respite from the heat and bustle of summer. This palette is a perfect mix of soothing pastels and grounded neutrals.
And here are your August 2017 Inspiration Bead Gallery® beads. A kit of goodies, all ready to go!
- Bead Gallery® 12mm rhodonite rounds
- Bead Gallery® 8mm blue ceramic rounds
- Bead Gallery® green coated seed beads
- Bead Gallery® 8mm turquoise Czech glass rounds
- Bead Gallery® 7mm wooden square beads
- Bead Gallery® 6mm amber shell rondelles
- Bead Gallery® large wooden rectangles
- Bead Gallery®6mm gold luster hematite faceted rounds
Your August 2017 Pretty Palette Bead Gallery® beads!
Are you ready for the challenge? We love to see what you’re working on, so feel free to post in-progress photos and tag us on Instagram & Facebook (#PrettyPalettes, #halcraft, #BeadGallery). Remember to come back and visit at the end of the month for the big reveal and to share your creations on Wednesday, August 30th.
Until then, happy beading!
Molly Schaller loves beading, knitting, gardening, bookbinding, and being with her family of creative kids and her handy husband. She's always on the lookout for new ways to express her creativity and help others learn ways to tap into their creativity as well!