Pretty Palettes :: April 2017 Inspiration
April 2017 Inspiration
Halcraft’s Pretty Palette Blog Hop
Happy Spring, Pretty Palette people! Things here in the midwest are budding, blossoming, blowing, and bustling about!
The April 2017 Pretty Palette is inspired by the artwork of a very talented bead designer whose career as an artist and artisan I’ve enjoyed for the past 10 years! Heather Powers is the creative powerhouse of Humblebeads. She has been selling and making polymer beads for decades and has also written books that inspire others to create. She’s even taken her talent on the high seas organizing and teaching classes for the Bead Cruise!
Not only does Heather make some of the most gorgeous art beads you can imagine, but she also paints and does illustration work. Heather’s color and design sense always “pings” my mind. She knows how to mix colors and patterns in unexpected ways, and her designs both on paper and in beads seem to have a base in nature but also a whimsical, sometimes sentimental beauty I love.
Heather recently entered on of her designs in a contest on Spoonflower, a website that prints custom fabric. When I saw her entry, I thought what a wonderful April 2017 inspiration it would be for our Pretty Palette challenge.
Thank you, Heather, for giving me permission to use your images here!
Welcome to Spring & our April 2017 Pretty Palette!
Let’s get started with the specifics of the Pretty Palettes blog hop. Each month I choose beads inspired by the month’s Pretty Palette from Halcraft’s Bead Gallery line available at Michaels.
- Click the links below to order your own set of beads to play along with the exact same set of beads. Or, if you’ve got some time to browse, head toward the Bead Gallery aisle of your local Michaels Store with your Pretty Palette in tow. Choose your favorite coordinating beads from the big wall o’ beads. If you already have beads or art beads in your stash that coordinate, feel free to use them. It’s all about having fun and stretching your creative muscles!
- Make a project with your beads and post it on your blog, Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- Visit the blog on the final Wednesday of April (4/26) and post a link to your pieces using the LinkyTool at the bottom of the post. Then we all get to hop around the internet to see what each other made.
It’s that easy!
Pretty Palettes beads for April 2017:
- Bead Gallery® mint glass 6mm rounds
- Bead Gallery® reconstituted turquoise 10mm rounds
- Bead Gallery® Czech glass mixed pink 6mm faceted rounds
- Bead Gallery® rhodonite 12mm rounds
- Bead Gallery® mother of pearl 9mm rounds
- Bead Gallery® amber dyed shell teardrop
- Bead Gallery® dyed hematite 2x3mm rectangles *
- Bead Gallery® lavender 6x8mm painted glass faceted rondelles
- Bead Gallery® acrylic faceted lentil link
I can’t wait to see what you put together! Thank you for participating, and I’ll see you back here at the blog on the final Wednesday of the month when we can share all of our creations. Until then, happy beading!
*These are some of my favorite little beads. Don’t overlook these small beauties!