Roundabout Earrings Project
10167874 480-800 (1) Bead Gallery® multicolored size 10 glass seed bead mix
10473068 2 Bead Gallery® gold bead frames
84237 4 Bead Gallery® black faceted glass rounds
105400 68″ Bead Landing™ black 26-gauge craft wire
10443091 2 Bead Landing™ gold tone 6mm jump rings (small)
10421796 8 Bead Landing™ gold tone 15mm jump rings (large)
10443129 2 Bead Landing™ gold tone fishhook ear wires
10443105 4 Bead Landing™ gold tone 2″ eye pins
10443524 Beadalon® chain-nose pliers (2)
10121797 Beadalon® wire cutters
443525 Round-nose pliers
Level of difficulty: Intermediate
Time – 1-2 hours
Tip: Be gentle with the 26-gauge wire; it breaks easily. If it does break, just wrap a new wire around the jump wire several times and string again.
1. Small beaded circle: Cut a 14″ piece of wire. Wrap the wire several times around one 15mm jump ring. String approximately 5-8 seed beads and wrap the wire once around the jump ring, making sure that the wire is covered with seed beads. Repeat approximately 18-20 times, making the wraps close together, until the entire jump ring is covered. Wrap the wire several times between the last few wraps. Trim.
2. Large beaded circle: Cut a 20″ piece of wire. Wrap the wire several times around 1 bead frame. String approximately 7-10 seed beads and wrap the wire once around the frame, making sure that it is covered with seed beads. Repeat approximately 22-28 times or until the entire frame is covered. Wrap the wire several times between the last wraps. Trim.
3. Use 1 eye pin to string 1 black round; form a simple loop. Repeat to create a second beaded link.
4. Use 1 small jump ring to attach 1 ear wire to one loop on 1 beaded link. Use 1 large jump ring to attach the bottom loop to the small beaded circle. Use 1 large jump ring to attach the previous beaded circle to one loop on 1 beaded link. Use 1 large jump ring to attach the bottom loop to the large beaded circle.
5. Repeat Steps 1-4 to create a second earring.